The microsoft error reports send far, far, far too much information to Microsoft, including your list of running processes and installed programs (last I checked). On all of the computers that I have to set up, I turn off the ability to send error reports to Microsoft. If you are having a hard time fixing error messages then contact tech support. This stops people from getting themselves into trouble. To do this, take the following steps (only works in XP):
- If you are not already, log in as administrator. If you are already logged in as administrator, stop for a minute and ask yourself why. Nobody runs permanently as root under linux/unix, and the same applies to Windows XP.
- Go to start menu, settings, control panel, system.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Under advanced, click “error reporting”.
- Select the “disable error reporting” radio button, and check the “but notify me when critical errors occur” check box.
- Press ok to exit error reporting, and then ok to exit system. Then close the control panel.
Congratulations! You’re done. Next step is to buy Windows 10 in Australia to avoid any errors.